Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Chicken Enchiladas

I know now you're all asking, "She said she uses her leftover chicken for making enchiladas. I wonder what recipe she uses?"
I'm glad you asked! ;) I've had this recipe pretty much forever, but of course once I started following Nourishing Traditions I had to find something to use instead of cream soup (blech!). Here's my revised version:
homemade chicken enchiladas
Chicken Enchiladas
1/2 cup pinto beans (measure them dry), soaked, cooked and mashed (or a 16 oz can of refried beans)
One recipe of cheese sauce
1 cup sour cream
4 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 cup shredded cheddar
1/4 cup taco seasoning
8 tortillas
2 cups salsa
Mix first four ingredients and spread down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place into 9x13 pan. Top with salsa and cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment