Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring is Bustin' Out All Over!

We've been having a strange spring warm spell this past week, with temps in the 60s, and even up into the 70s once or twice. Considering that just two weeks ago we got over a foot of snow in one day and it looked like this around here:
 it's amazing that today I found this in the garden:
and these, too!
Not only that, but the rhubarb is starting to peek out:

and the spinach that was covered in all that deep snow over the winter is sending out tiny new leaves:

Over in the herb garden, the chives are coming up through last year's dead growth:
and, under cover (I accidently brushed off the spent leaves that were hiding this baby), the oregano is getting ready for the growing season, too:
I just love spring! It seems like every time I go outside, there's a new sign that what looked dead was just waiting for the right time to come alive again!

Maybe that's why Easter is my favorite holiday?

This post is part of Farmgirl Friday.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it awesome to see all the new life that God is giving us this time of the year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! What a beautiful picture of the truths of the Bible!

      Delete
  2. Grrr. Your agrarian blog never lets me post unless it's anonymously. Why is that?

    Anyway... back to the post at hand...

    Woo hoo! I think our chives grew 3 inches in the last two days! And the tarragon is peeking out, too. Yeah, God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not the only one who's told me that, and I had trouble, too, before I got a google account. Just sign your name at the end if you want me to know it's you :)

    ReplyDelete