Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Spring Means Spinach!



The spinach is growing like crazy in my garden right now (I let it self-sow last fall, so I got a very early harvest. The seeds I planted this spring are just barely out of the ground). Here's my favorite thing to make with it:

Spinach Dip
1 10-oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained (I actually blanched some fresh spinach I'd just harvested)
1 12-oz jar marinated artichokes, drained and chopped (I left these out, because I can't grow artichokes in Wisconsin . . .)
1/4 cup butter
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic (or more)
1/2 cup cream cheese
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
Salt and pepper
Saute onion and garlic in butter. Mix all together and bake at 400 degrees about 20 minutes. Serve with chips or bread.

I actually had leftovers, and also some leftover chicken breast, so I mixed them together and had this for supper tonight. YUM!

This post is part of Fight Back Friday at Food Renegade.

1 comment:

  1. Can I request a small handful of fresh spinach for this weekend? I'll make spinach-artichoke dip with it! Come on... I don't have any yet and you're making me jealous!

    ReplyDelete