Monday, January 20, 2014

Maple Syrup Sweetened Ice Cream

One of my gifts last year was a Cuisinart ice cream maker (only $50 on Amazon!) This quickly became my favorite recipe:

Maple Syrup Ice Cream
2 cups cream
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 egg (optional; I think it makes it extra creamy)
Dash salt
Mix well and chill. Prepare according to ice cream maker directions.

For chocolate ice cream, add 2 Tbsp cocoa powder.

My favorite way to serve this is topped with Super Simple Chocolate Sauce, with a Maple Syrup Brownie on the side. Mmmmmmm!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post. This is excellent information. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are reading it! I just read another article by her too and will pass it along. I love her writing, ideas, thought process....
    Best Ice cream maker
    best snow cone syrup

    ReplyDelete