Friday, April 13, 2012

Cream Cheese Chicken Liver Pate with Black Walnuts

This is just too good not to share! I discovered this recipe a few months ago, and I've made it at least twice (one batch makes quite a bit (especially if you're the only one eating it!) I usually freeze three one-cup portions and eat what's left fresh). My favorite way to eat this is spread on sourdough toast. Mmmmm.

Cream Cheese Chicken Liver Pate with Black Walnuts
2-3 large onions
1 pound chicken livers
8 oz cream cheese
¼ tsp sage
salt and pepper to taste
1-2 oz black walnuts

Sautee onions in bacon grease until deep golden brown. Place in food processor. In the same pan, cook the livers until just heated through, in plenty of bacon grease. Add cooked livers, cream cheese, sage, salt, and pepper to the onions in the food processor and puree until smooth. Stir in black walnuts.

Spoon into jars while still warm. Freeze any portion you will not use within a week.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds fabulous... minus the chicken livers. Maybe I can make it with ground bacon? Better ask Kent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! This post has no photo... how am I supposed to Pin it? ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, well, I ate it before I remembered to take a picture! Plus pate isn't very photogenic. I'll put in a picture of the jars I have in the freezer, and you'll just have to pin that.

    Although maybe I'll have to thaw some out for a snack later - you know, just so I can get a good picture . . . ;)

    ReplyDelete